Saturday, April 14, 2007

Life's Simple Pleasures


Sometimes life's simple pleasures are what makes the best memories.

Today the Leshinskys indulged themselves with many of life's simple pleasures. This morning I slept late. It was such a wonderful feeling to wake up slowly. Letting the layers of the night's dreams slip away and allow conciousness to replace it gradually. As I opened my eyes I realized that my sweet cat, Grace, was curled up next to me in a little ball up against my stomach. When I ran my hand on her fur she rewarded me with a very loud purring sound that is so soothing to me.

Then I made myself a pot of coffee and sat in the kitchen with Rachel and watched silly kids show from the 80s. We giggled at the weird fashions and big hair!

After doing three loads of laundry and scrubbing the toilets (ok, so not all are memorable) we headed out to the pool. Just sitting on a lounge chair reading a book while the warm breezes kept me cool was so relaxing and good for my soul. And watching my girls splash around in the pool -- well it just all felt right. It is what we used to do in our free time and somewhere along the line got too busy to find the time to stop and relax.

To top off the day we allowed Rachel to go to a concert with her friends while we took Gert out to dinner and then to Jaxon's for ice cream. I don't care how old you are, when you eat ice cream you feel like a kid. Another one of life's simple pleasures and some more memories.

No comments: