Thursday, April 05, 2007

It is a New World

I am sitting here at a Mac computer (Jose would be proud of me), sipping my cup of Seattle's Best coffee in a relatively dark corner of the "Grown Ups Lounge" of Wannado City. All around me is the ambient noise of hundreds of children having fun. We are inside of a HUGE complex, sort of like an indoor theme park. The kids are perfectly safe. They are not allowed to leave the premises without the adult that brought them in.

The kids can do and be anything they want. They can be a fireman, a beautician, a judge or a clown! it is fun. It is a wild way to allow kids to explore their imagination, try out different professions and just be silly.

This is also the first time that Rachel has been told that she is too old and is considered an adult. However, some of the kids running each activity don't know that! They let her in to the Coca Cola Bottling Plant! Then they are paid in Wannado currency! They can go and buy stuff later.

It really is a new world. It is a bit like day camp, a bit like baby sitting, but with a whole lot of imagination involved and the parents can go off and zone out in this area where I am sitting now.

I can look down from the "balcony" and see the activity all around. I don't feel isolated. And the kids can come visiit me whenever they want. Or they just use their cell phones to call me!!

It is a fun way to spend the day. And, it is only 15 minutes from my house. I don't know why I never took Adina here before! Oh well, now I know.

No comments: