Friday, January 22, 2021

Treats

Lately, I have given myself permission to enjoy treats.  Usually, I will reward myself when I do something that I needed to do and procrastinated to get it done, and then finally accomplish it.

This morning, I had to go to two doctors' appointments. One was a breast exam at the OBGYN so that I can get a prescription for a mammogram.  The other, a rheumatologist for my osteoporosis.

At the second appointment, when I told the doctor that my shoulder is hurting once again, he asked me if I wanted a shot of cortisone.  I really don't like any medicines that aren't necessary, but this time I agreed so that I could be relieved of the pain that I get when I try to lift my arm too high and I can't sleep on my left side anymore.

So, as I was driving home, I decided that I needed a treat. The other day, I had made a batch of blueberry muffins because the blueberries weren't really sweet enough to eat and were a bit mushy.  So instead of throwing them away, I made muffins. 

They are so good, I know that I want to make this recipe again! This was the perfect treat with the balance of my coffee.  And of course, Newt was sitting there hoping that I would share.  But, nope, all for me!

No comments: