Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Other Side of the Veil


How often do you get the opportunity to say something to your father, especially when you have never met him?

Well, last night I had that opportunity. I have always believed that there are people in this world who can see through to the other side and speak to those who have crossed over. I have just never had the chance, first hand, to do that myself. I had never met a medium, nor have I ever gone out of my way to seek one out.

I do believe that there is a reason for everything. I do believe that my father wanted to speak to me so strongly, that the connections came together and the time was right.

Several weeks ago Joel met Mark Brogan. He is an attorney who writes a column for the Sun-Sentinel on condo law. Mark is friends with a man, Robert Hansen (http://www.robertehansen.com/) who is a medium. This man is not a medium as a living. He is a special education teacher who works with autistic, deaf and blind children. Something happened to him almost 20 years ago which opened up this window to the other side and he is able to talk to people on the other side. He shares this with people and last night I called him and he shared with me.

Was I amazed? Yes, but I completely believe and I expected to connect. I have been told but another person who has psychic abilities that I have psychic abilities and if I opened up more that I could connect if I wanted to. So in the 60 minutes that I spent on the phone with Robert, I really felt connected to the other side. I wasn't scared, although my heart was beating very quickly in my chest. At times I felt light-headed and as though I could amost pass out, even though I was sitting very comfortably on my bed. I had a tape recorder next to me and the phone on speaker. I wanted to be able to go back and listen at my own pace. I also took notes of things that I didn't know or couldn't connect to a relative.

The most important thing that I learned last night is that my birth father, Harold Lawrence Schain, was the one person who reached out to speak to me. He told Mark that he had visited the child that had the stars on her ceiling and could smell the scent of the candles in her room. That was Rachel, she had a bunch of candles burning in her room and she has plastic stars pasted to the ceiling, Joel and I placed them there when she was a toddler because they glow in the dark and they form a trail toward the door so she could find her way to the bathroom in the dark.

He also told Mark to tell me that my mother didn't have a chance to say good bye to him because his passing was very sudden. Robert didn't know how my father died, but he said that he heard extremely loud noises and machinery. I asked him if I should tell him how my father died. I asked him that because at the beginning of the session he said to not say much except that I do or do not understand what he was telling me. At that point he said yes to say it outloud. When I said that it was a plane crash, he said, now it makes sense. He said that it was a mistake. The aircraft was a private one, a small one, like a Piper Cub and my father switched with the pilot. When I said that we never knew who was flying, he said that my father was insisting that I know that he was flying the plane.

Then my father wanted me to know that he understands my attitude toward my step-father. He is upset that I had to fight for what belongs to me. He said that he was allergic to penicillin and that I would understand that it really was him when Robert said that to me. That was true, my mother told me that and I am also very allergic to it. As a baby I broke out in a terrible rash from head to toe when my mother gave me penicillin. He also said that my mother was kidnapped emotionally and couldn't give me everything that she wanted to give me.

Robert said that I planted something in my backyard in my father's honor. He also said that I did something in my father's honor on my wedding day. I can't remember what either of those things are, but I will just let that information sit and sink in; and perhaps it will come back to me.

There was also something about a baseball mitt and a huge pantry with a lot of canned goods and he kept mentioning baked beans.

These things were pouring out of him. Perhaps my parents wanted to reaffirm that it was really them. My mother always felt the need to keep her pantry well stocked, "just in case." There was always a five month supply of paper towels and toilet paper and canned items and whatever else had a long shelf life. I always attributed that to my her memories of living through the depression in the 1930s. She never wanted to run short of anything. When she took me shopping and we found an item that we liked, she always bought at least two of them!

There was a lot in the middle that I have to listen to again. But at the end of the session, my mother came forward and said that she would be here with me if she could have stayed in her body. She said that she just couldn't do it anymore. It was too painful. She knows that I was with her as she crossed over and that I told it was okay to go. And that my father was her true love and she is with him now.

Robert told me that I have a watch of my fathers. He said that I should hold it and wear it and say good night to him every night because he is listening to me, always.

There was so much more that Robert was telling me and I really have to go back and listen more.

This was the most satisfying experience that I have ever had. I always believed, and now I believe even more.

No comments: